When someone comes to Christ, he becomes a brand new person. Many new things are true about the new believer. He has a new identity.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
“Understanding your identity in Christ is absolutely essential to your success at living the victorious Christian life!” Dr.Neil Anderson (1993), Living free in Christ.
Five key truths about my relationship with God
1. Christ forgave my sin (Eph 1:7, Col 1:14)
2. I became a child of God (John 1:12, 13)
3. Christ came into my life and He will never leave me (Rev 3:20, Heb 13:5)
4. Chrisy gave me a new life (2 Cor 5:17)
5. Christ gave me eternal life (1 John 5:11-13)
I John 5: 11-13
And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
1. Read the article ‘Who am I in Christ’ by Neil T. Anderson on the nexy coloumn and highlight truths that are especially mean-ingful to you now.
2. Thank God for what is true about me as a child of God.