The abuse, and inapropriate use, of chemicals such as colouring and relaxers lead to damage of hair.
• Hair colouring and tinting is a majoe cause of chemical hair damage, as the use of extremely high-strength peroxide erodes moisture in the hair. When not properly conditioned afterwards, this can lead to severe hair damage.
• Hair relaxers may cause breakage of hair loss as the chemicals that are used to straighten out the kinks in black hair also weaken the hair follicles.
• The excessive use of some products can dry hair out. The excessive use of hair spritz, for example, in combination with a hot iron, burns into the hair cuticle, damaging the hair.
• Always use a professional stylist to apply colours and tints, as they know your original colour level, and what level you can get at any point in time.
• Choose your relaxer carefully and carry out a strand test to ensure you don’t use the incorrect relaxer strength.
• Avoid the application of any chemical treatments by non-professionals.
• Always condition your hair regularly.