After hard work, sedentary living or just being under the weather, fatigue is boumd to set in. The homemade herbal tonic we recommend here can cleanse and revive the body and relieve fatigue. This is a remedy of tea made from six herbs: dandelion root, which flushes out toxins and improves liver and digestive function; burdock root, a gentle laxative and diuretic, which flushes toxins; nettle, which is also a diuretic and clears the urinary tract; ginger root, which improves circulation and digestion and stimulates the immune system; licorice root which adds sweetness and also enhances liver and immune function; and red clover, which is rich in minerals that strengthen the body. All these herbs arr available from health food stores, some pharmacies and somr supermarkets.
1. Mix two teaspoons of dried dandelion root and one teaspoon each of dried burdock, ginger and licorice root.
2. Add these herbs to threeand half cups of water in a covered pot.
3. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add two teaspoons of nettle and one teaspoon of red clover; cover, and steep for 10 minutes.
5. Strain, and drink three cups a day for three to four weeks.